Monday, December 8, 2014

STARKVILLE CHRISTMAS PARADE

I did not get great pictures from the annual Christmas parade but I still wanted to do a short post about it.  Mainly because the Starkville Christmas Parade is one of the main things that makes me realize how small and wonderful our town is.  The parade is nothing special but is still so fun.  I love that you it requires no fuss to attend and the kids still love it! 

The night of the parade we ate an early dinner and then headed downtown.  The weather that day was crazy warm. I hate it when it is hot during December.  So we did not have a lot of layers on.  Once we got there the wind started blowing and I suppose a front was coming in because the temperature dropped A LOT and we were freezing.  I was wearing Walker in a sling and was happy my body heat was keeping him warm.  We met some friends on one of the main route corners and Elle had so much hanging out with her friends.  Kenny and I had fun visiting too!
Kenny, Walker and me!
Elle with her friends Audrey and Elle and their older brother Holden.



Here comes Santa!

As we were walking back to the car we asked Elle what her favorite part had been thinking she would say Santa.  Nope.  It was seeing some high school kids from a theatre group dressed up as Anna and Elsa from Frozen.  She thought they were the real girls.  Only adding fuel to Kenny's argument that we have got to get to Disney!

No comments: