Friday, January 25, 2019

A LITTLE THIS AND THAT

Just a quick this and that post. Both the kids have really been into watching the Kids Baking Championship shows. Kenny and I have enjoyed it because we get just as into it as they do. So when they aren't watching the show they pretend to be on the show. And while its not my favorite game they play because they make a huge mess most of the time I love watching them play together and their imaginations. 

Dirtying up every pot and pan and kitchen utensil in my kitchen but having fun!
Elle has shown a lot more interest in helping me in the
 kitchen since we started watching the show together. 

Walker has been participating in a basketball program where they learn skill for basketball and other things. He loves it. He goes every Wednesday while he is at preschool. They use these special "Tot" balls and you could order one when you registered them. Well somehow I missed that box and he did not get a ball and when I say he has been devastated about it I mean it. Every single week he would ask so sweetly if today would be the day he would get a TOT ball. It was really pitiful. Well last week I figured out how to order one online and crossed my fingers he would get it at TOTs and he did. He was so happy and has been showing us all his tricks with his ball.
So happy with his ball.

Our neighbor and one of our favorite babysitters is a senior at Starkville Academy. Last week she came over to ask Elle to be her princess in the Mississippi Hospitality pageant this summer. Elle was so flattered and is looking forward to all her duties.
Elle and Lake, Starkville Miss Hospitality and her princess

Kenny had some clubs he needed to pick up at Old Waverly so we took Walker out there for some lunch one day. They have a set of Lincoln Logs for kids to play with and he loves to build cabins with Kenny when we go.
Daddy has become quite the Lincoln Log expert.
This Sunday I was finally able to see a play that I have loved for a few years now. One of the main reasons we bought season tickets to the Orpheum this year! Waitress. Oh my goodness I love the music to this play so much. We knew from the get go that the play was too mature for Elle to see it so I invited Missy to come along with Kenny and me to see it. But then last week Kenny decided he would rather stay home and hang with the kids since he was going to market so I asked my friend Foley to come with us too. We had a great girls day. We had brunch  reservations at Catherine and Mary's where enjoyed a really great meal and some delicious cocktail and then walked across the street to the Orpheum. The play was just as good as I hoped and Foley and Missy loved it too. We all cried through the second act and then I cried because it was over. I can only hope I can see it again one day!
Yummy food and cocktails.

Waiting for the show to start.
Picture in front of the poster after the play was over. Foley and Missy 
kept their sunglasses on because we had all been crying.
I made a last minute decision to swing by the Cheesecake Corner to 
bring some home on the way out of town. It was all so good! I miss that place.
We had a three day weekend for MLK day so Elle had Audrey and Ella over for a play. 
They brought their dolls and had the best time.
Just wanted to include these cute pics of my boy all cuddled up the other day watching Big Hero 6.





No comments: