Monday, April 14, 2008

SHOPPED TIL WE DROPPED

This weekend my mom and sister came in town for a huge shopping trip. They got here Friday afternoon and we went on a short walk so I could show them how high the river was these days. Once Kenny got home we all went to eat at Soul Fish. It is a small restaurant in the Cooper Young area that has delicious catfish and hush puppies and vegetables. Everything we ordered was so good and we were stuffed.

Saturday morning we got up early so that we could start our looooong day of shopping. I kissed Kenny good bye since he had the common sense to know that he did not want to accompany us on this trip, and we were on our way. My mission was to get some fun spring clothes and then get some work clothes(boring). I hate having to get work clothes. They just are not that much fun. But all in all I ended up getting a lot of fun things. I got some work clothes but I also ended up getting several dresses which are my favorite thing in the whole wide world. If the weather and my job allowed it, I would wear dresses every single day. I love cute springy dresses that you wear to weddings and then I love casual dresses that you just wear with flip flops on a warm day, like the one pictured here. I bought this one this weekend! The shopping trip was a sucess and we were exhausted when we got home.

Kenny went and played golf with some friends and got home later that evening. My mom made our favorite dish that she makes, chicken enchiladas, and we watched August Rush. I was skeptical about this movie but it really was sooooo good. I would definitely recommend it. I was afraid it was going to be slow but it wasn't at all. So watch it!

Sunday, my mom and sister left pretty early and Kenny and I mostly relaxed. It was really cold outside so we wanted to stay inside.I hope the warm weather comes back soon and stays this time!

No comments: