Monday, April 28, 2008

A MUST SEE

Kenny and I had a fairly low key weekend. Friday night we went and ate at Bosco's. I really enjoy that restaurant. Some people do not like it but I have to say it is one of my favorite low key spots in Memphis. We finished up eating and I saw that we had time to catch a movie. I wanted to see Forgetting Sarah Marshall. Kenny had not really heard anything about it but we went to see it anyway.

It was so good! It is written by the same guy who did Knocked Up and the humor is similar. But there were so many funny lines and situations. Kenny was so glad we saw it. Besides the hippy guy who was sitting next to me who had atrocious body odor, we really enjoyed our evening.

Saturday morning Kenny got up and played golf with Lowe and then they went to a cigar tasting where they preceded to drink alchohol and smoke cigars and then Kenny came home smelling like he lived in the cigar shop. I suppose I can thank my dad for this new hobby. He is also a cigar smoker. I enjoy the smell of cigars but I do not like how the smell clings to your clothing. That night we went over to my college friend and new neighbor Brittany's apartment to eat dinner. She made seafood gumbo and it was really tasty. We had a really good time hanging out with everyone over there and really enjoyed the meal.

Sunday, we just got out for church and some lunch. Then we came home to relax for the rainy afternoon. We rented the movie Cloverfield. The whole premise is that it is filmed in the perspective of a guy who is holding a camcorder as everything happens. Very Blair Witch(esh). Kenny and I thought the movie was pretty silly. When it was in theatres a lot of people were going nuts over it but we just did not see the appeal. We thought the whole thing was pretty unrealistic . This will be our last free weekend for a while. We have weddings out of town to go to for the next few weeks. It was nice to have some down time.

No comments: