Thursday, April 10, 2008

THE VIEW FROM HERE

So not too much going on in the Lacey household so here is a completely random post. This is what I see for eight hours a day at this glorious thing called work (yes I love my job!)

First off, we have Susan. She is the graphic designer for our department. Yes, our desks are strange cubes that have no walls. So we literally sit 4 feet apart from one another at the most. So we stare at each other all day. She has to listen to me sing show tunes and I listen to her play Johnny Cash on her computer. That blinding white thing she is sitting at is her Mac. We both have two computers but I will get to that later.
Next up we have my boring ol' PC of a computer. I only check my email on this computer. Most of the time I am on my glorious, stupendous, magnificent other computer. Please note that I have some framed pictures of Kenny and I. Have to make sure that everyone knows that I am spoken for right?!?!! It is one of my favorite pictures that a friend of mine took at the wedding.And this magnificent creature is my Mac. Sorry about the glare. But you know what they say.....once you go Mac, you will never go back. And that is very true. Macs really are so superior! My beautiful Mac is kind of a sore subject for Susan that we always joke about.. Here is the story. When I started working here I did not have a Mac. Just the graphic designer had one. And you saw that thing. Its gigantic,but a very awesome piece of machinery. I had to earn my Mac by proving my mad skills. So when they decided I could get one they deliverd this very nice SMALL computer complete with a flat screen and a mouse with a scroll ball. It's awesome! Susan gets jealous sometimes. She always tell me not to be out sick to long or that if and when I go for maternity leave that I might not have this beautiful computer when I get back. We will just have to see about that!

And this is what is bugging me these days. Right now we have lots of trips going on that my department has planned. These envelopes were stuffed with phone cards for an out of the country trip. Well after the frist trip the phone cards did not work so we had to unstuff all of them. So now these envelopes are just sitting here waiting to be stuffed driving me bonkers. Yes I am OCD and cannot take the clutter. Help me!So there you have it. A little glimpse into my life. Its funny when you think about how much more time you spend at work that you do at home. Luckily, I enjoy what I do so it is not too bad.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I for one appreciate seeing where you work!! Your work space looks much nice than mine..probably so does the company as well!! haha!:)

Anonymous said...

why is her desk so clean???? ... mine was nice and cluttered. it's actually worse now.