Thursday, April 3, 2008

A KITCHEN GADGET I LOVE

Like I have said before I LOVE to cook. But one thing I HATE to do is chop onions. I cry so much and they make my eyes burn. I had seen the infommercial on television a few times so when I saw this wonderful invention at Bed Bath and Beyond for the small price of $10 I grabbed it.

Last night I was making meatloaf for dinner (Yum!) and the recipe called for onions like so many recipes do. So I got out my favorite gadget and went to work. Watch it in action!

First you cut the onion in large portion. This takes no effort.Place the onion on chopper. Pull down the top portion and press!The side even has a measuring cup. See!
See all the perfectly chopped onions.It only took a minute to produce those chopped onions. If I had chopped them by hand it would of taken much longer. I know to serious chefs this might be considered cheating. I do watch Top Chef and I have never seen one of those guys pull out the handy dandy onion chopper. But to each its own. Right?

(I am sorry if this post is boring for some of my readers but I thought I should share the awesomeness of the gadget with the world)

1 comment:

Tracy & Joe said...

I love all things "as seen on TV" from BBB...all of them are like 10 bucks! Worth it to at least try out!