Monday, February 2, 2009

02! 02! 02!


So today is someone very specials birthday(proper grammar?). It would be one of my best friend's birthdays! Susan and I met on the first day of freshmen year at Mississippi State. She lived one dorm room down from me and I knocked on her door to ask her to turn down the air conditioner. The way she tells the story I demanded snottily for her to turn down the air. I dunno know about that one. But I guess that encounter was enough for us to become friends.

It also helped that we ended up pledging the same sorority, and our dorm floor was so much fun and we all hung out together all the time. The title of this post comes from the date of her birthday our freshmen year. Around let's say September, Susan would just randomly chant 02! 02! 02!. The date of her birthday that year. (And yes I know that that dates us) It was a cool date to have a birthday I admit but she was building THIS birthday up big time. Susan managed to have anyone we met or hung out with chanting 02!02!02! all the time. So to this day Susan's birthday is really the only person's birthday I always remember. (I am terrible at remembering birthdays.)

Susan, was a bridesmaid in my wedding, and since we both live in Memphis our friendship has grown stronger over a lot of cheese dips and margaritas. I would tell you some ridiculous stories of our youth but there are too many and not really blog appropriate, if you know what I mean. So here is a big ol'

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SUSAN!!!!!!

(I will blog about Kenny and I's weekend tomorrow)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay!!! What a sweet blog about me!! You are such a great friend , Mallory!!! I am lucky to have you as my friend!