Tuesday, February 17, 2009

VALENTINES AND A THREE DAY WEEKEND

Kenny and I had a really good weekend that pretty much revolved around eating, watching movies, and hanging out together.

On Friday night we went to Mexican. I was so excited. This was the first time I had eaten Mexican this year. And I tried to be really good and I did not drink a margarita. Cheese dip was another story but I figured at least I saved 1000 calories on not drinking. When we got home we watched Burn After Reading. Kenny says it was different. I couldn't tell you what it was about because I fell asleep. I have a bad habit of falling asleep during movies.

On Saturday morning I made cinnamon rolls for Kenny, yogurt and fruit for me and then we went to see some of the qualifying matches for Morgan Keegan tennis tournament. We watched a match with a guy from University of Memphis Men's Team and another USA guy. The guy from UM had his whole team there and a bunch of support so we decided to root for him too. He lost but the game was still good.

I have to say that our Valentine's Day date was my favorite so far. I am not sure if it was because it was on Saturday so it did not feel so rushed or what but Kenny and I had a really good time together. We had decided not to brave the restaurants and cook out just the two of us. So Kenny marinated some steaks, and grilled asparagus, and I made Pioneer Woman crash hot potatoes and we opened up a nice bottle of wine. It was an extremely delicious meal.

For dessert we had fired up our chiminea while Kenny cooked and I had bought all the stuff to make smores. Yall! This was a grand idea. It was so nice sitting by the fire toasting marshmallows, not to mention that they were delicious.

I was really excited about getting the perfect toasted marshmallow. After stuffing ourselves with smores, we sat by the fire and finished our bottle of wine. Yes, we finished it. And then we took goofy pictures of ourselves. I had decided not to include these. But wait the night was not over! We popped open another bottle of wine and game night began.

Remember I had mentioned a couple weeks ago that I wanted to start playing more board games. What a great opportunity so I stocked up on some games at Target. I bought Life, Sorry, Uno, and Jenga. I cannot wait to get more. But Kenny and I had the greatest time playing Life and Sorry and we ended the night with Jenga. It was intense.

It really was a relaxing night. On Sunday, we went to church and grabbed some lunch and got some things done around the house. And I had the day off yesterday so I did some serious grocery shopping. I love having the pantry and fridge stocked.

Hope everyone else had just as good of a weekend and Valentine's Day!

2 comments:

Polka Dots & Protein Bars said...

That IS the perfect toasted marshmallow!

SouthernBelleJM said...

Love the new header:) Yy, I am obsessed too! I follow the blog all day long and when I get home. LOL! I think that either she did it, or she DEF knows who did. She doesn't have an alibi but is always upset during the trial. Such a shame!!!! LCs dad whose an attorney thinks she'll get off. There's nothing really physically linking her to the crime at all....so far.