Thursday, February 5, 2009

LOVE EM!

So I really like all kinds of music. I consider myself to be well rounded when it comes to knowing different genres. However, I never really tie myself down to anyone in particular. I am not someone who is crazy obsessed and a loyal fan of one person or group. But, if I had to say who I my favorite band was it would be The Fray.

Their first hit was Over My Head(Cable Car) and then of course How To Save A Life. Which became popular after it was shown on multiple Grey's Anatomy commercials and also an episode. I looove that song but really their entire first album is awesome. It is a rare occasion when I can listen to an entire album from beginning to end. What I love most about their music is the lead singers voice and also all the piano that is incorporated in their songs. (I love piano)

Kenny surprised me with tickets to their concert in Memphis last summer. And we had the best time. They put on a great show.


Their new album came out this week and I am really excited about it. I just got it last night and gave it a listen this morning. But I have not gotten a good feel for it. But I am sure I will love it. If anyone is looking for a good mellow band to love I would definitely recommend their first cd to anyone. I will have to keep you updated on the new one.

4 comments:

Jules said...

I love their new song, "You Found Me". It is so good!

ashley said...

we went to that concert too! so awesome.. and didn't know they had a new cd! i was obsessed with them last summer.

CBK said...

ok I've listened to the cd a couple of times now and I LOVE it! It is reallly good, but is very different from the last so it takes some getting used to

SouthernBelleJM said...

I went to that concert too!!! LOL. I work at Macaroni Grill in Cordova. If you like The Fray as do I, you might check out Pete Yorn. He's my fave!