Tuesday, February 3, 2009

FUN WEEKEND

Friday night Kenny and I did not do to much. We rented a movie and just hung out. On Saturday I woke up and headed to Oxford. My sister is in grad school there and my mom was driving up to bring her a vanity they had re-finished and was spending the night.

Once I got there we headed to the square to do some shopping. It was a really nice day out and it was fun just to walk around and look at all the cute shops. After we got done on the square we stopped by this antique store and then went to My Favorite Shoes where I got three really really cute pairs of shoes at 75%. What a deal! We were worn out from shopping but we all went to sushi for dinner and capped off the night with some White Chocolate Mousse from TCBY. Needless to say we were in bed early.

Sunday morning, I got up and drove back to Memphis early to get ready to go to church. Kenny and I were meeting Tracy and Joe to try out a new church.

That was one of the high points of this weekend. We looooved the church. It reminded me so much of the church I grew up in only (alot bigger). The children's choir sang and the sermon was really really good. Kenny and I are excited to go back. And then last night while I was at my Junior League meeting someone dropped by and brought Kenny and me homemade cookies and a packet about the church. I know crazy. Next time we go we are going to attend a Sunday School class and we are seriously considering joining. We liked it that much!

After church it was time to get ready for our impromptu Super Bowl party. Kenny and I were not doing the ginormous spread that we did last year but we still ended up with tons of food because everyone brought something and then we ordered out wings.

Lauren and Lowe brought cute little Shelton and she was wearing the cutest little kimono outfit. After that night Kenny and I decided that our child was going to starve to death because Lena is going to eat everything that we give our child to eat. Please look at little unsuspecting Shelton.Also please ignore our "red" seating. We did not have enough chairs so we improvised!

And then of course everyone had to try out the 3D glasses with the commercials.
A lot of us were disappointed that Arizona did not win but at least it was a really good game. But everyone knows the Super Bowl is all about the food. Right......

3 comments:

Missy said...

I love your blog - sounds like a fun weekend!

ashley said...

white chocolate mousse is my fave!! (and your header is so cute!)

Anonymous said...

What a great weekend! When I was in school at Rhodes I loved going down to Oxford. Great shopping, fun parties, cute boys, and the Grove! I miss Memphis a lot - it is so nice to live vicariously through your blog. I am so happy that you have found a great church! Have a wonderful week!