Wednesday, February 25, 2009

IS HE? OR ISN'T HE?

Last night I went to dinner and a movie with a couple of my girlfriends. Both of whom are married. We grabbed dinner at the Memphis Pizza Cafe. This was my first time to eat there. I know, you pretty much live in a bubble it seems like when you live on Mud Island for almost three years. So I had never eaten there. It was really good and then we headed over to the movie.

I was really excited about seeing this movie and it did not disappoint. I really really liked it. But my friends Tracy, Mollie and myself included all walked away saying.....that movie could make you feel a little insecure regardless of what your relationship status is. (Jokingly of course)

(Don't read this if you have not seen it because I do not want to give anything away)

Here are some thoughts:

• Why do movies always make married life seem mundane. Isn't that what it is kind of about sometimes? Spending every single day with someone you love. Everyday can't be a whirlwind of excitement and adventure. There are days that you wake up, go to work, come home, cook dinner, hang out with each other for a little while and go to bed. That is just the truth of the matter. Which brings me to my next thought......

• If you are not okay with the fact that this is how some days will be then why are you married? Am I wrong here? Which brings me to my next thought......

• If you are not happy with with the simple days.....make an effort to spice it up. DON'T go sleep with some blond haired, big boobed, yoga teacher that tucks in her shirt with terrible jeans that might or might not be named Scarlett in real life.

• I heart Jennifer Godwin. I love her in Big Love and I loved her in this. I also loved every single piece of clothing she wore.

• Mollie and I agreed. Jennifer Connolly was not looking too cute in this movie. She is too thin. And they were parting her hair down the center which made her look kind of odd. Never the less, she played her part extremely well.

• I double heart Drew Barrymore.

• Ben Affleck and Jennifer Anniston were such a sweet couple in this movie.

• This movie made me kind of happy that I have forgotten how to date, much less flirt. Kenny and I have been together for almost 7 years. If I had to get out there and date,this book and movie would probably be my bible. I would have no clue how to be single anymore much less get a guy to like me.

All in all, it was a really fun night. I kind of liked that the movie had a self help kind of feel (like the book) but was a total romantic comedy/chick flick at the same time. We saw a preview for a movie last night that might have to be our next girls night,Ghosts of Girlfriends Past it looks adorable.  

1 comment:

Me in Memphis said...

I agree...people make it seem like married life is boring. Well, I'm sure it is for some people. Mine is, but it has nothing to do with being married or not - it's more about getting older and growing out of the "running around and partying" stage of life. It's not boring I guess...just calmer :)

And MPC is great! I've been to that pizza place on the island before, it was really good too. But crowded!