Monday, June 15, 2009

NO POWER

Our life is a mess right now. Our power went out on Friday afternoon as my mother, sister and Kenny were getting ready for the Keith Urban concert. They left shortly after it went out and we all assumed it would be back on when we returned home.

Nope. As of this morning still no power. What is really frustrating is that everyone across the street has power. So we are going over to our friends Michael and Lauren's house who live in one neighborhood over from ours to sleep and then waking up and going back over to our house to shower and get ready for work or for the day. Thank goodness we have a gas hot water heater!
And thank goodness we have friends nice enough to let us stay!

Besides the humungo pain in the arse of not having power we actually were really really busy this weekend. Friday night we grabbed some dinner and then went to the Sugarland/Keith Urban concert. It was so fun! Sugarland sang a huge set and we got to hear all of their good songs. And Keith Urban was a lot of fun. Kenny liked it alot because Keith and his band at times would jam out on their guitars and play a lot of rock music. There was even a little incident where Keith was walking through the crowd and some stands collapsed and it knocked Keith Urban down. It made me feel really awkward because he seemed kind of embarrassed.

Oh and while I worked on Friday my mom was a rock star and she painted my kitchen and re-tiled my bathroom floor. I am so excited. It all looks so good. And I ended up buying this really cute shower curtain off of Ebay from Pottery Barn. Can't wait to show you before and after pics!

On Saturday, we all got up and started running errands while Kenny went to the St. Jude golf tournament with a friend. I was looking for curtains and some other things and my sister was looking for new bedding. I ended up getting this adorable dress from Banana for my cousin's wedding weekend. I thought it would be perfect for the bridal luncheon.It has pockets. I love pockets.

Saturday night we went to Old Venice (love) and then went to see Up!. I know it is a kids movie but it was so good. Luckily my 3-D glasses covered up my ugly cry. Some of it was kind of sad.

On Sunday, my mom and sis left and Kenny and I went to the St. Jude golf tournament for a few hours to see Phil Mickelson. It was really hot and I have some lovely tan lines to show for it. After the golf tourney we went to my parents house for a yummy meal and to say hi to my groceries that we are storing in their extra fridge and to let Kenny catch up on some work before heading over to Michael and Lauren's to crash.

So we have managed to stay out of our hot and muggy house. I just looked at the outage map and it is saying our area's status is "Waiting to be analyzed." I don't think that is good. That means no one has even looked at it yet. Please cross your fingers for us!

4 comments:

Me in Memphis said...

Oh my goodness!!! Our power finally came back on last night. Same thing - the houses across the street got theirs back early Saturday, and ours was still off. Just on different grids I guess. I hope they get to you soon! My husband had to track down an MLGW truck a few blocks over to see what was going on; everytime we'd call the hotline, it would say our power had been restored. Um, incorrect!

I missed the golf tourney too, decided it was too expensive (well, we used to get tickets for free here at work, now they are $20) but it was a good thing beause of the power outage, I was NOT in a good mood.

And Old Venice has bottles of wine for $5.55 on Saturdays! I keep meaning to go, but again, this weekend wasn't for us.

Anonymous said...

Friend! I'm so sorry your power is still out. Luckily, mine came on yesterday. I know your friends are letting you stay, but if something changes, you're welcome to have my spare room!

Can't wait to see you Thursday!

Crystal and Billy said...

That sucks about your power. Just be glad that there was no damage to your house... Hopefully ya'll will get power back soon!

Chenie said...

I love pockets in dresses too. If you want more for the future, don't just go Banana Republic. They are fine but try some local stores too (you can find them by searching http://www.gatheringguide.com/ec/bridal_shops_dresses.html in pretty much any city) and you will find some really cute dresses you won't see anywhere else.