Tuesday, June 23, 2009

YOU DON'T GET THESE ABS FOR FREE

Kenny and I had a great Father's Day weekend. His parents arrived in town Friday night and we all went out for Mexican. My fave.

On Saturday we grabbed some lunch and Kenny's mom and I headed to the nail shop to get mani's and pedi's. We went to Diva Nails on Mendenhall for you Memphis girls. This place just opened a few months ago and I love them. They are extremely affordable and do a great job. After we were done we met up with Kenny who was at Outdoors Inc. contemplating buying a new toy. When we got there Kenny was in deep conversation about the decision.

Wanting to discuss it over with me and think about it a little while we decided to go grab a drink and watch a little of the U.S. Open. It did not take long to make our decision so we headed back to the store. Kenny is so excited about his new toy that will lead to his (our) new hobby.After our little rafting experience Kenny has kind of caught the paddling bug so he thought this would be fun. We also bought neato paddles and life jackets. Soon we will have to get a rack for the car. Kenny and I are planning on doing a small trip this weekend.

On Sunday we went to Bosco's for Brunch to celebrate Father's Day and Mother's Day since we had not seen his parents in a while. I had a blueberry waffle and a mimosa that was sooooo good. That afternoon we all headed over to my parents house to spend Father's Day with my dad. We took the kayak out to try in out in the pond. My step mom had cooked one of my top two favorite things to eat in the entire world. Shrimp and grits. Man oh Man!
This meal makes me so incredibly happy you do not even understand. Don't worry that bowl for the serving dish and not my personal meal. Then she made a blueberry crumble pie with these farmers market blueberries with vanilla ice cream. Talk about being well fed.

So yesterday I had to make up for eating my way through the weekend and I started The 30 Day Shred. Hence the title. I think Jillian might have said that at least ten times during my 28 minute workout. This work out was NO JOKE! I am so sore this morning.

I could not believe how quickly my heartbeat got up. The whole idea is to keep your heart rate up and not rest until the entire work out is over. Jillian kicked my butt. I hurt so much today that I have no idea how I am going to do it again this afternoon. I will be sure to keep you updated.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It will get better. Promise.
I'll be out of town this weekend, but we need to all get together soon!

Polka Dots & Protein Bars said...

YUM!!! I would kill for those shrimp and grits... delicious!