Thursday, June 25, 2009

RESTAURANT IRIS


Last night I was so excited to be able to dine at Restaurant Iris. It was amazing and if you are looking for a spectacular place for a special occasion or really excellent food. Go here. It is hands down the best place I have dined in Memphis.

This restaurant has gotten a lot of attention since it has opened and Kelly English, the chef personally came to greet us, at the end of the meal as he does with all of his patrons. Kelly was just honored with the "Best New Chef for 2009" by Food and Wine Magazine. That is a huge honor and so awesome that we have him here in Memphis.

The dishes were inventive and flavorful. Two people in our group got the seasonal 5 course meal which featured peaches from the Memphis Farmer's market in every course. I could go on and on about how fabulous this place was but I will not bore you with my amateur writing. Here are some links. Enjoy!

Dining Out: Restaurant Iris earns its stars with creative dishes by top chef

Best New Chefs 2009: Kelly English

memphis magazine readers honor restaurant iris

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

It looks so so cute. I'll have to keep it in mind if we are ever in Memphis.

Me in Memphis said...

I have only heard outstanding things about Iris. I keep meaning to try the place.

Anonymous said...

yum! maybe i could take J.R. for his b-day in a few weeks!