Tuesday, June 2, 2009

I CAN SEE MY ANKLE!

Yesterday I took the day off to keep my foot elevated all freaking day. It was weird to call in sick and tell your boss that you are not sick you need to put your foot in the air. I am still trying to get rid of an infection in my foot that I got from a scrape while white water rafting. I have been to the doctor twice, taken five different antibiotics, along with a shot and a ointment creme. It has not been fun. But the good news is after laying down all day I can see my foot again. Yea!

Kenny and I had a really good weekend. Friday night we went to a Redbirds game. It was kind of a boring game(no one scored until the last inning and it was the opposing team) but the weather was so nice and it was just fun being outside and eating BBQ nachos of course.

On Saturday, Kenny worked in the yards and I ran all kinds of errands and then we went over to our friends Christin and J.R.'s for a BBQ. Good food, fun people.

On Sunday I headed to Jackson with my friend Stefanie and her mom and sister for Stef's baby shower. Stef is in town from Raleigh for her sister Brittany's wedding. So a 3 hour car ride to and from was the most time I had spent with her in a long time. It was so much fun. This was also my first baby shower and I loved it. I loved seeing all the gifts and hearing about what they were for. I might have a small case of baby fever. The shower did not help. All the little outfits were so adorable.

No Menu Monday (or Tuesday) because I am not cooking this week but I did make our friends Joe and Tracy a Taco Lasagna to bring to them because they just moved into their new house and their kitchen is under renovation. Here is the recipe. It looked delicious when I was making it so I will have to let her report back.

TACO LASAGNA

INGREDIENTS
2 pounds lean ground beef
2 (1.25 ounce) packages taco seasoning mix
4 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 tablespoon chili powder
1/2 cup water
18 (6 inch) corn tortillas ( I used larger flour tortillas)
1 (24 ounce) jar salsa
1 cup sliced green onion
1 (16 ounce) container sour cream
1 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
1 1/2 cups shredded Monterrey Jack cheese

DIRECTIONS
Place ground beef in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Drain, then season with taco seasoning, garlic, cayenne pepper, chili powder and water. Simmer for 10 minutes.
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease the bottom of a 9x13 inch baking dish. Place 6 tortillas into the prepared baking dish. Spread 1/3 of the salsa on top of the tortillas. Spread 1/2 of the meat mixture evenly over the salsa. Sprinkle with 1/2 of the green onions. Drop 1/2 of the sour cream randomly over the green onions. Top with 1/2 cup Cheddar and 1/2 cup Monterrey Jack cheese. Repeat layers. Top with 6 tortillas, spread with remaining salsa, and sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake in a preheated oven for 30 to 45 minutes or until cheeses are melted.

2 comments:

CBK said...

Sorry to hear about the foot! Hope it heals up :)

Tracy & Joe said...

The Taco Lasagna was delicious!! Thank you sooo much!!!!