Monday, June 8, 2009

KICKIN INTO GEAR

This weekend we were so busy. Kenny was out of town all last week so on Friday night I went over to my friends Lauren and Michael's for a cookout. Michael had cooked a brisket with all these grilled veggies and it was all so good. Then our friend Sarah had made Oreo balls that no one can get enough of. And well there might of been some jello shots too......but it was a really fun night.

Saturday morning I woke up and went to Lowes. I called my mother to tell her that I was getting old because I was at Lowe's at 8:30 in the morning. I was picking out paint colors because we are painting my kitchen this weekend. And then I also bought all the stuff to plant an herb garden. I do not have a green thumb at all. I detest yard work but I do want to have lots of herbs to cook with. I especially want to have mint so that I can have a mojito whenever I want one. After Lowe's I did a quick grocery shopping run and then went home to wait on Kenny to get home. I had not seen him in a week and I was so excited to see him.

While I waited I swept the house. Lena is shedding like crazy and I literally swept up a small dog's worth of fur. And I was not even doing a thorough sweep. I could not handle it anymore so when Kenny got home we went to the pet store so I could buy a Furminator. Have yall ever heard of this? Let me tell you. If your dog sheds. Get this thing. I was astounded at how much hair it got out. And to think this all would of been in my house.



We had just started here. I think she liked the way it felt and her coat looks so much better now.

Saturday night, we had our friends Brad and Brittany's wedding to attend. Their reception was at Mud Island River Landing and it was so pretty overlooking Wolf River and the boat docks.
My bff Stefanie and Matron of Honor. She is 6 months pregnant and has only gained five pounds.



On Sunday, we got up and I made us a huge breakfast with blueberry pancakes, cheese eggs and fruit salad. Then Kenny went to play golf with Michael while I babysat Michael's daughter Shelton so they could have some boy time. Her mommy was at a friends baby shower. Shelton is 2 and was napping when I got there. I was so ready for her to wake up so we could play. We had so much fun playing on the swings and in the water and on her little miniature trampoline. I was tuckered out. Ha!

I know this was a long post but we were busy. So busy that Kenny and I pushed our date night which were supposed to do last night to tonight. We are going to dinner and then to see The Hangover. Can't wait!

And finally....menu monday!

MENU MONDAY
Sunday - Taco Lasagna - I made this for a friend last week so scroll down for the recipe or click here! It was so good!

Monday - Date night

Tuesday- Taco Lasagna leftovers served with a side salad

Wednesday- Penne with chicken and asparagus served with a side salad

Thursday- Crawfish Etouffee served with broccoli (I forgot this recipe at home but check back and I will try to add it.  It is an easier version without all the typical steps of Cajun food)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

sooo...do we get to eat the Crawfish Etouffee on thursday night? I definitely want some!

Me in Memphis said...

Oh my gosh, look at all that fur! I need that for my cats.

Chasity @ Haute Mommy Blog said...

I am SO getting a Furminator!

Can't wait for the etouffee recipe.

Anonymous said...

We might need a furminator...