Monday, January 2, 2012


LONG POST AHEAD. I have spent less than a day at my home in the past two weeks. We have been all over the place! Come back later this week to see some posts on some of the fun things we received as Christmas gifts. We were so blessed.
We are home from a whole lot of traveling. Things are starting to return to normal but I am exhausted and my house is a wreck. The Wednesday before Christmas we headed to my mom's house to spend some time with her. My sister joined us on Friday just in time to accompany Kenny to a movie (Sherlock Holmes) and we all went to a yummy dinner at my new favorite restaurant in Hattiesburg, Tabella.

On Christmas Eve we enjoyed watching Christmas movies and just relaxing before we got ready to go to Christmas Eve service. My church's Candlelight Christmas Eve service and my mom's chicken enchiladas for dinner afterwards are my most favorite tradition. Kenny and I really wanted to include Elting in the service and have her with us for it the entire time. But of course she did not nap all day which is unusual for her. Luckily, she did great with the help of the church program and some cheerios. She loved the pretty candlelight at the end and it was so special to have her with us this year. After church it was home to eat and bedtime so Santa could come.
All the girls before church. Not sure what Elle is doing in this picture ha!
Mommy and Elle's first Christmas.
Christmas morning. Packages sorted by recipient.
Daddy and Elle's first Christmas.
Elting receiving her first baby doll from her Aunt Annie. More on this later this week. She loved it!!

On Christmas Day it was on to Fairhope to visit Kenny's parents and to spend a few days. We opened more presents,relaxed and had a wonderful traditional meal.

Monday, we got out and did a little shopping downtown Fairhope. I love that his parents retired to Fairhope because it has really fun shopping and so many things to do. Kenny's mom work in one of the shops part time and we stopped by to say hello to everyone. They all wanted to see Elting.
Elle and her Grandpa at The Cat's Meow.
We also stopped by to see Kenny's aunt who is recovering from having a stroke. She is doing so much better.

We headed home on Wednesday and made it finally that night to only to find that our water heater had busted and we had to replace it STAT. It truly was a blessing that our pan was strong and no water leaked in the house.

Thursday, Kenny and were off again to the Music City Bowl to watch our Bulldogs play and take the win!!! I actually didn't take that many pictures. But the first night we were there we did run into some Bachelor/Bachelorette Alum. Here we are talking to Craig from Ally's season. I liked him.Kenny and I were thrilled at our back to back bowl game wins and had a great time in Nashville with our friends. Many who we don't get to see all that often.

By the time New Year's Eve came we were on the road again and totally exhausted. So we ordered in sushi with my mom and my sister and watched movies. We watched the guitar drop on Beale Street's broadcast and were in bed soon after. I hope everyone had a fabulous New Year's.

I am excited for a low key January where we don't have a whole lot planned. A chance to catch our breath for sure.

No comments: