Thursday, March 5, 2015

THE LION KING

Last weekend we headed to Memphis to visit with my sister and my mom and to take Elle to see The Lion King at the Orpheum. Taking Elle to see her first Broadway musical is something I have dreamed about for a very long time.

Since I was a young child I have love love loved musicals.  I saw my first Broadway show when I was 8.  It was Phantom of the Opera.  Then I saw Les Miserable and many many more.  I can still sing so many different musicals from start to finish.  When I was a senior in high school my aunt and uncle took me to New York City for a week and we saw three plays in that week alone.  I love the theatre and I especially love musicals.  So taking my children to the theatre is something I have wanted to do forever.  It is the equivalent of taking them to Disney World for me. That is no exaggeration. I never thought we would take Elle at the age of four but when we found out that The Lion King was coming back to Memphis we thought she would loved it and grabbed some tickets.  This was my fourth time to see it so I knew exactly what to expect and we chose our seats accordingly.  I was so anxious for her to like it! I want to share my love of theatre with her throughout her life.  This was big!

She loved it! She absolutely loved it! I teared up two or three times throughout the play out of pure happiness.  I was even worried that after the first act she would be kind of worn out from all the excitement and possibly fall asleep but instead she sat on the edge of her seat leaning forward taking it all in.  My heart wanted to burst! When the curtain dropped at the end she raised her hands in the air and clapped so heart. And I cried! It was the magical experience that I have always dreamed of and I can't wait to take her to another one!

Alright a few pictures from the weekend!
CeCe with Walker!
And a trio!
We went to the matinee on Sunday so on Saturday we ran a bunch of shopping errands.  We let Elle watch the iPad in the car if we are out of town.  I guess she was a little tired because one second she was belting out Let It Go and the next she was passed out.
Getting ready to go in. So excited!

Posing in the pretty lobby.
I have never gone to a show and bought a souvenir but Kenny couldn't resist getting one for Elle.  It was adorable.  She chose a small Nala lion doll.
And of course a mother daughter selfie with Nala!

No comments: