Thursday, January 17, 2008

HOW DID WE SURVIVE BACK THEN?

Today they reported on the news again that under no circumstances should you give a child under two any type of cold medicine or cough syrup. I read or see these things in the news and I am always confused. I know my parents gave me some sort of children's Tylenol because I can still remember that chalky grape tablet and how awful it tasted. I turned out find. I am also sure that my sister received the same treatment when it came to a cough or a stuffy nose along with most of the people our age. I have not heard of any side effects surfacing in our teenage years, nor have any of my friends or family died from taking cold medicine as a child. So I ask...were we super children or are we as a society just way more paranoid. (or perhaps scared of lawsuits)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Waay more paranoid..AND afraid of lawsuits...that's why parents are afraid to spank their children..afraid the Child Services ppl will come and take their children away....Crazy world we live in....reminds me of that Bucky Convington song (Guy from Season 5 of American Idol!!)

T