Tuesday, January 22, 2008

LONG WEEKEND

Thank goodness for the long weekend. Kenny and I were pretty busy but in a laid back kind of way. Friday night we ate at Pei Wei. I love that place. It is a cheaper version of P.F. Changs but in my opinion just as good. Then we just went home and watched 3:10 to Yuma. Its a western and I thought it was a really good movie. Kenny of course loved it.

Saturday morning we got up early to make it to the Humane Society for volunteer orientation. Like I have mentioned before this is one of Kenny and I's New Years resolutions. If you have never been to the Memphis Humane Society then I suggest you go. They just built a new facility and it is so nice. They have 160 dogs and lots of cats too. They also have a great volunteer program. Kenny and I decided that we want to be part of the dog walking program. Once a week we will go out there after work and play with the dogs and walk them. They have a group of people every night that do this with the dogs and it is really great for them. It helps to socialize them and gets their energy out. I really am so excited about doing this. What a great way to break up the work week and maybe even get some exercise myself. After the orientation class Kenny and I walked around and looked at all the cute dogs. There are so many. If anyone is thinking about getting a dog please go out there and meet some of these great dogs.

Saturday night I drug Kenny to 27 Dresses, the new movie with Katherine Heigl. Anyone who has been in a wedding or planned a wedding will love this movie. It really is so cute. I am so lucky to have a husband that will go to a chick flick as long as some movie popcorn is involved!

Sunday, we just watched football. I have to say we are a little torn over the results of the Packers vs. Giants game. It was such an interesting game to watch, first because it was the game before the Superbowl and second because the two quarterbacks are Mississippi boys. Kenny and I were really pulling for Brett Favre because he is getting on up there in years and felt like he deserved one last Superbowl. But at the same time it is nice to see Eli doing well after struggling the past few seasons. I just hope the Giants will play a good game against those stinking Patriots.

No comments: