Thursday, January 24, 2008

THAT IS JUST SAD

MSNBC reported today that a radical church group has plans to protest and picket at Heath Ledger's funeral because he played a gay man in his Oscar nominated performance in Brokeback Mountain.

A member of the group was quoted “You cannot live in defiance of God. He (Ledger) got on that big screen with a big, fat message: God is a liar and it's OK to be gay,” said Shirley Phelps in a statement sent out by the Topeka, Kan.-based Westboro Baptist Church.

Now I am not going to get on my high horse or even get into what I believe is right or wrong. But I think that it is so incredibly sad that these people would not have enough respect for his family including his two year old daughter, his friends, and him as a human being to let him peacefully be laid to rest. The circumstances of his death are already so unexpected and sad. I can't imagine how heartbreaking this news is for them.

No comments: