Sunday, January 6, 2008

THE BARBER AND HIS WIFE

So.....Kenny and I went to see Sweeney Todd Friday night. Since we began seeing previews we both wanted to see it. Kenny, because he LOVES Johnny Depp, and me, I love all musicals. I had heard some things from some friends and sort of knew what to expect. But I was not familiar with the musical (can you believe it) or the movie so I was excited. Let me begin by saying the acting was amazing. The singing was good although I have heard that its very different from the musical. When it was over we got up and Kenny of course right away loved it. I was a little undecided. But over the weekend we have listened to the soundtrack and its really growing on me. Despite its goriness I think I enjoyed the movie. I just needed to process it a little. I would recommend going to see it with a small warning....its different....its violent....its dark...but go with an open mind and you'll enjoy it!

No comments: