Friday, January 11, 2008

A&E TELEVISION

A little back story before I tell you what great programing this channel has.

When my sister and I were younger, we did not have televisions in our rooms. We had one in the den and if we wanted to watch tv then we had to watch it together in the den. You are thinking not bad right. Well, we also were only allowed to choose maybe one hour of television a week. So we had to think long and hard about which shows were our favorite and that is pretty much the only television we watched. You would think that we would have grown up to not watch that much tv. But it backfired and my sister and I both LOVE television. We watch it......alot! Now that that is out of the way. I wanted to talk about A&E today. This channel has some great shows. Such as:

Intervention, this show documents a drug addict or alcoholic who thinks they are just doing a documentary on addiction but really their family is setting them up for this huge intervention. You see first hand these peoples actions(that are pretty crazy) and how it tears apart their family. Its pretty riveting television.

Or how about The First 48 which features our hometown of Memphis. Makes us so proud. The whole premise of this show is it follows homicide detectives in different cities and the clock ticks down from 48 hours till the lead goes cold of finding the killer. You watch the interrogations to the gathering of forensic evidence. This show is way better than CSI.

And finally my new little gem that I discovered last night Parking Wars. This show takes place in Philadelphia, and cameras follow the people around that give tickets when your meter runs out a.k.a Meter Maids. It is so funny because when people find the tickets on their cars they hunt down the meter maid and scream and rant to them.
The show also features the impound lot where the crazies really show up.

I think I love A&E so much because they have these programs that give you a glimpse into peoples lives. It is close to walking a mile in someone else's shoes. And I like that. Sorry for the long post......but like I said I love tv and I will most likely talk about it a good bit on here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ok first of all...the First 48 is NOT better than shows like, umm CSI: Miami....no one can do Horatio's side profile, "I found the killer" like he can...2nd Intervention looks weird..I haven't made myself sit down to watch it....there were commercials for a girl who wouldn't take her meds that wanted to be a Dallas Cowboys Cheerleader.....(ps. now that's good TV on CMT) but I think that show is as fake as the Hills....(ok probably not..whatever!)

guess who this post is from...