Wednesday, January 9, 2008

LEGALLY BLONDE (THE MUSICAL)

Most people know this about me already, but in case you do not, here it goes:
1. I love musicals. All of them. I can't help but caught up in the lives of characters as they belt out songs about anything and everything.
2.My favorite musical right now is Legally Blonde (the musical) Ever since ooooh around September, October when this fine piece of theatre debuted on MTV I have been so crazy obsessed about it. I love or as I often say.....I HEART everything about this play. I would die if I got to see it in New York.

But for now I have it saved on my tivo so that it will never erase and for a while I was watching it oooh once a day. I know I am a dork. One of the things that I love the most about this musical is the girl who plays the lead as Elle Woods. Her name is Laura Bell Bundy and she really is incredible. I truly believe that when I was put on this earth I was supposed to be able to sing (note: I can't) and if I could sing, this is who I would want to be able to sing like. You follow me?

The play follows the movie closely, but has a lot of catchy empowering numbers full of dance. Laura Bell Bundy is also a incredible dancer. It plays up the romance between the character Emmett, played by Luke Wilson in the movie and Elle Woods so along with her problems at Harvard you get caught up in their little love story.. I received the soundtrack for Christmas, it really was the one thing I wanted the most for Christmas. ( I know I know....I told you I truly am a dork). I am sad because I am never in my car to listen to it very much. But anyone who loves a good musical every now and then should give this one a chance. If I ever get to New York I will definitely make sure I see this even if it does not have Laura Belle Bundy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I too love a good musical...but probably not as much as you..obviously! ha! I caught part of this one on MTV I think...but not the whole thing..we'll have to watch this on TiVo some time!!

T

Anonymous said...

Somebody needs a baby to take up all this free time........