Monday, January 28, 2008

WINTER WEEKEND

Friday night I was determined to stay home because it was so so so cold. I HATE cold weather and it was 23 degrees outside so I was perfectly content to hunker down, eat leftovers and do absolutely nothing and stay warm. Kenny and I ended up watching Top Gun because it was on TV. I had only seen the movie once and that was in college...can you believe that. Its such classic. Some other classics I have never seen include: Any of the Star Wars movies, Rambo, The Godfather, or Gone with the Wind.

Saturday morning I braved the icy roads which the news kept going on and on about. But we needed a new lamp for a table in our den so I persevered. Can you tell I have my priorities straight.....death or a new lamp. The new lamp won out. And I did end up purchasing a very nice lamp. If y'all have never been to Vintage Veranda in West Memphis, AR then you really must go. They have tons of lamps for cheap. Saturday afternoon Kenny met up with some friends to watch State beat the poo out of Ole Miss in basketball. GO DAWGS! That Saturday night Tracy and Joe came over for dinner. Tracy and I watched the Miss America pageant while the boys....well.....drank. Miss Michigan won. I made fettuccine for dinner. ( I don't think it was very good, I don't know why I can't seem to get it right) Tracy and Joe we will have to have you over again so I can make something better!

So of course the boys wanted to go out because.... well.....they had been drinking. Gosh it was so cold but we headed to Beale anyway. This is what Tracy and I did:

And this is what the boys did:



And I just have to include this picture because I think its funny:

Sunday we just relaxed and hung out at home. All in all it was a very cold but great weekend.

1 comment:

J Short said...

HI! I just stumbled on your blog cause I notice the word Beale! I'm from Memphis too, almost done with Rhodes College. If you ever need any more funiture or lamps or whatever, you should try all those discount stores down summer. There are several second hand stores that I have gotten almost all my furniture at for my house here in Midtown. Most of it is crap, but sometimes you find some really nice cheap stuff. Or if you ever need some really cheap clothes for a dress up party, that's totally the section of town to go shopping in!