Friday, February 22, 2008

IT MAKES ME SMILE EAR TO EAR


UPDATE: WHAT A COINCIDENCE! JON AND KATE AND THE REST OF THE FAMILY WILL BE APPEARING ON OPRAH TODAY! TUNE IN!

I haven't had an obsessive television post in a while so here you go! Have you seen this show. Jon and Kate Plus Eight. It literally makes me smile and so happy when I watch it. It is a fantastic show. Of course it is a reality show but this really is quality television at its top.

A little overview: Jon and Kate Gosselin wanted children and turned to fertility drugs for help. They had twin girls. When they wanted ONE more, they turned to fertility drugs again and got SIX more. So they have a set of twins and a set of sextuplets. On the show it shows Kate's daily routine of taking care of all of the 8 children. And they are some beautiful children. They started this reality show following their daily lives I think after they did a one hour special on the family and people loved it so much they turned it into a weekly show. So the cameras have shown these kids growing up since they were 8 month olds and now they are almost four. So you really do feel like you know them all because you have watched them grow up.

I called my sister yesterday while watching my Tivod episode ( I do not miss a single one) and told her that if the show ever came out on DVD that I had to have all of the seasons. This weeks episode was the Christmas episode and it made me realize what great parents Jon and Kate are. They do such an amazing job with those kids, and yes they bicker but come on its their real life who would not bicker with their significant other when you have that many three year olds. Not to be cheesy they truly are an inspiration to the type of parents I want Kenny and I to be.

No comments: