Tuesday, February 19, 2008

ANOTHER LOOONG WEEKEND

It was another long eventful weekend. We stayed plenty busy but managed to get some rest too.

Friday night Kenny and I had made plans to go to dinner and a movie. We went and ate at Sauces downtown on Main Street. We started to walk over to the movie theatre to see Fool's Gold. On the way we encountered this little Jack Russell barking at a carriage horse. The carriage could not move so we distracted the dog so the carriage could keep going. The little guy almost got hit by a trolley so we decided we needed to help him because he obviously had a home and an owner. He was wearing a collar and was very clean and well fed. We picked him up and looked for his owner for a while and nobody seemed to be looking for him. So we took him home. Saturday morning I woke up and made fliers and "Lil Dude" (that's what we were calling him) and I walked around Main and hung them up. Still no owner. Needless to say as the day went on we were growing fond of "Lil Dude."

Saturday night we had plans with my friends Susan and this cute new boy she is seeing. We were headed out the door when I got a phone call. It was the owner! He had found one of my fliers. He was so excited. "Lil Dude's" name was Jack and his owner came to pick him up. Kenny and I were sad. I couldn't believe how quickly I had gotten attached. We took some farewell pictures to remember little Jack. How adorable is he!So after we said goodbye to Jack. We met up with Susan and Andrew. A group of us went to Bluefin for dinner. It was soo good. It is one of my favorite restaurants. I had not had it in a while. Kenny and I ate a lot! Then we went over to Flying Saucer. There was a good band playing and some of our other friends were out after being at a wedding reception. I was disappointed though because we never got to see them that night! (you know who you are!)
Here are some pictures from the night.  Isn't Susan's new friend cute!  He is a sweetheart!
On Sunday Kenny and I just hung out. We went out to the driving range for a little bit. Other than that. I cooked a yummy pot roast for dinner and Susan and Andrew came over for dinner. Nothing too major. Last night Kenny and I went to see Fool's Gold with Kate Hudson and Matthew Mcconaughey. It was silly. It was not as good as How to Lose a Guy but it had it's cute moments. Its kind of sad but after that long weekend I am already ready for Friday to be here.

No comments: