Monday, February 4, 2008

SUPER BOWL: GIANTS 17;PATRIOTS 14

Kenny and I had some people over for a Superbowl party last night. It was a lot of fun. I love making food for these sorts of things and we had so much of it! I heard on the news the other day that the Superbowl is the second biggest day of the year centered around eating after Thanksgiving. Can you believe that? This is the picture of the table BEFORE everyone got to our house. We had so much food and it was all so good. Our friend Sarah made these awesome Oreo ball things. They were so delicious. I am going to have to try them soon! Apparently you just crush up oreos and add cream cheese then you dip them in melted chocolate. But thanks to everyone for bringing stuff. We definitely did not go hungry.Our friends Lowe and Lauren came and brought their cute cute cute baby Shelton. She is 9 months old and is just learning to crawl so we had her down on the floor trying to get her to crawl.She was a little preoccupied with this fantastic new toy on the market called the "Red Cup" or something like that. I do not know a lot about these things because I am not a parent yet. But isn't she so adorable! Shelton is the first baby in our group of friends so she gets lots of attention. Kenny absolutely adores her. We want to start babysitting in the very near future. She is such a good baby.

Anyway, enough goo gaa gaaing, the Giants pulled a huge upset and beat the Patriots, ruining their perfect undefeated season. And as much as I hate for Ole Miss to have the bragging rights of Eli Manning. We really were glad to see Eli pull this one out. It was a pretty boring game until the end. And sadly I was not paying very much to the commercials either. But I will say my favorite one was with the parade balloons that were going after the Coca Cola. That one was really good. I can't believe football is over. Almost time for March Madness! And I have also been warned fantasy baseball starts soon. (It never ends)

No comments: