Wednesday, February 27, 2008

SOME OF MY FAVES!

So I thought I would post about how much I have been enjoying volunteering at the Humane Society. It has been so much fun, despite the cold weather. Kenny has also been having a lot of fun doing it. We really lucked out in the day we chose to volunteer. The Tuesday dog walking group is really laid back. While other groups focus on getting every dog out for a few minutes, our group focuses more on taking fewer dogs out for a longer period of time (follow me). So basically we get to get those cuties out kennel by kennel and let them go play in this huge play yard with lots of running room and toys.

The hard thing has been not getting attached. Kenny and I made the mistake of really getting attached to a little dog named Zulu with funny ears one week and then the next week he got adopted. Which was great but I felt sad I could not say good-bye to the little guy. So here are some of my favorites:

This is Georgia. And I am happy to say that Georgia is going to be going to a very good home soon. Susan's friend, Andrew is adopting her. She is a hound dog and is so sweet and calm. And this is Huckleberry. Sorry about the picture being a little messed up. Huckleberry is such a handful. He is so full of energy and he makes you want to laugh they way he looks at you. And this is Chloe. Isn't she adorable. I walked her yesterday one on one and she was so sweet and playful. She was so much fun playing tug of war and then she pulled my glove off my hand and took off. She was so proud that she had gotten it. It took a little while for me to get it back from her. It is really sad because when she was letting me pet her and love on her I saw scars all over her head and face. It's crazy that these dogs have been what they have been through and are still so sweet and loving.

I am sure I will have a new favorite from week to week but going out there every week really is so uplifting. I beg anyone to read this who might be thinking about getting a dog to go out there and visit some of these dogs and really get to know them. So many of them have fantastic personalities and would love to have a permanent home!

No comments: