Wednesday, February 6, 2008

PEDIGREE! I BEG YOU!

Every morning my routine is to wake up, take a shower and then when I get out of the shower I turn on the Channel 5 news which leads into the Today show at 7:00. I love the Today show. I watch the news while I get ready for work. But for the past few weeks every morning I hear the same music and the same man's voice come on. Its a Pedigree commercial. And then I am sad.

Let me preface this little spill by saying that I think that what Pedigree is doing is really amazing. They are one of the most well know companies for dog food and they are really fighting for these animals that everyone loves. If you don't know, Pedigree has a huge campaign going right now called Pedigree Adoption Drive. Their whole premise is they encourage anybody who is thinking about adopting a shelter dog to go to their website and get the facts. Because nothing makes them happier than when a "shelter dog" simply becomes a "dog." Please if you have time go to their website. They have done a great job with it. Maybe it will inspire someone to help.

BUT WHY MUST THEY TORTURE ME!

Have you seen these commercials. I want to cry everytime I see one. And now they are releasing new ones. Just sitting here writing about them makes my heart hurt. The one I saw yesterday was this adorable dog rolling around in this nice house. And the man comes and says "The Smiths got a new condo, but they don't take dogs." And then flash.......adorable dog in a cage at the shelter. OH MY GOD!

Or about the story of Echo. You have to go to the sight and watch this commercial. It will make you want to go adopt a dog right now. Isn't he cute. They show him all alone in his little cage and then he hears people coming so he gets up and gets all excited. And the people just walk right by him. And then the man says " For every dog that gets adopted......one doesn't." Uuuuuugh!

I know that these commercials get people's attention the most. And obviously it is something that resonates with people who love dogs. But I do not know how much more I can take!

No comments: