Monday, February 11, 2008

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LENA!

I know I have already posted today. But I should have already introduced you to the other member of our family. And on top of that its her birthday. So you get a double post.

Lena is our beloved chocolate lab and five years ago she was born. We got her three months later. Kenny and I had been dating almost a year. It was summer time and Kenny had decided he wanted a dog. I hated dogs! Hated is actually an understatement. I begged him not to get one. And to top it all off he wanted a big slobbery, smelly dog, a LABRADOR RETRIEVER! Yuck! My one condition was if he did get a lab, to please get a chocolate because I liked those best. Being the really nice girlfriend I am, when I went home to Hattiesburg one weekend I looked in the paper and they had lab puppies listed. So we went out there....and there she was. She was covered in mud because the owners had a lake. On the ride home I made my sister hold her because I was not going to hold that filthy puppy. (don't worry this story ends well)

Needless to say, Lena is now the other love of my life and Kenny's. We adore her. She really is a great dog. She is so smart, and gentle natured. If I am crying at a movie, or a tv show or heck a commercial, Lena will come cuddle with me and get right under my neck. She is not aware that she is 70lbs. I will stop rambling about how awesome she is. Because people will probably make fun of me for writing this much in the first place. But until we have children what else do I have to brag about.

Happy 5th Birthday Lena!!!!

No comments: