Friday, August 15, 2008

PARDON MY ABSCENCE

This week has been one of the craziest weeks of my married life. I guess the big thing is.........we put in an offer on a house in East Memphis! Which we had no idea that we were going to do. We went to look at some houses on Sunday and just loved one and felt like we needed to make an offer. So all this week we have been hammering out the details of buying this adorable house. Things are going really well and we are really close to having everything squared away. If all goes well we will close in a few weeks. So exciting. I never would have thought that a week ago we would be almost home owners. Wish us luck!

On top of dealing with buying a house every day this week, my department has been extremely short handed at work and things have been crazy crazy busy, my sister had surgery yesterday, there was a death in the family, and I turn a quarter century old tomorrow. I feel old! Annnnd.....I have been staying up till midnight every night to watch the Olympics so I am exhausted.

But it is Friday, and things have smoothed out. I am ready to do watch the Olympics and do absolutely nothing all weekend. Except maybe go look at my soon to be house tonight.

5 comments:

Tracy & Joe said...

Congrats again on the house!! And HAPPY EARLY BIRTHDAY!! Your only 5 years away from 30...I think that's what freaked me out the most! haha

Hope you have a GREAT day tomorrow!!!

Insight, Insanity, Imagination said...

Yay! So exciting! We just bought a house a month or so back and LOVE IT! It's soo much fun!

Happy Birthday!

Pretty in Pink said...

happy birthday :) love this house ... what street, may I ask?

okay, so the retreat wasn't too bad? i mean, how was the obstacle course and rockclimbing? i just don't do stuff like that?!

Hopsy said...

Congrats on your house, I cannot wait to see the inside!

Courtney said...

Hope you had a fabulous birthday!