Thursday, August 7, 2008

MAN FRIENDLY, AND NOT SO MUCH

Last night I made this really easy casserole that Kenny loved. I was craving something tasty, comforting, and easy. I already had the chicken in the fridge so I ran to the store to pick up the rest of the stuff. One thing I would change is I would use low sodium stuffing and cream of chicken soup. The dish was a little salty. I just served it with some steamed broccoli Anyway here is the recipe, I will definitely be making this again, it was a hit!

4 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
1 Can of Cream of Chicken Soup
8-12 oz. shredded cheddar cheese
1 8 oz. pkg of Boxed stuffing (so processed, but so good)
Milk
Butter

Butter the bottom of a 13"X9" baking dish. Lay uncooked chicken breasts on the bottom of the dish. Mix soup with 1/3 can of milk. Pour over chicken, sprinkle with cheddar cheese. Make stuffing according to package directions. Place on top of cheese. Bake at 350 degrees for 55 to 60 minutes.

And so the not so man friendly thing....last night there was nothing on television and we had gotten The Other Boleyn Girl in the mail. I wanted to watch it and Kenny was sweet enough to oblige. As I got more and more into it, Kenny managed to find some other things to do.

I have to say I really really loved this movie. I was afraid it was going to be slow and I cannot stand slow movies. But this movie was actually very past paced. It was so full of scandal and suspense. I enjoyed Scarlett Johansson and Natalie Portman and was pleased that it was a little history lesson too.

All in all it was a good night!

2 comments:

Sibi said...

Good Morning!
Thank you so much for stopping by my blog!
I am a Tennessee girl and we had the bar-be-que
sent up from Rendevous Ribs. It was wonderful
and went over really well at the party. Hard to find
anything that good here in CT.

Have a wonderful and blessed week!

Preppy Pink Crocodile said...

Yum! I made something similar last winter and thought the same thing- using low sodium stuff bc the soup, stuffing and cheese all have salt in them. I actually tossed in a bag of frozen broc. and cooked it together. Truly a one pan meal- my favorite bc of the lack of clean up!