Wednesday, August 20, 2008

SO OVER IT!

I am going to apologize before hand if this post seems whiny or like I have a bad attitude but here are some things that I am SO OVER!

Chinese Gymnasts- Yes they are very talented but I am more than a little irked that they are allowed to fall on their vault landings, make errors on the uneven bars, balance checks galore on the beam and they still continue to get high scores, thus kicking our girls who have not made the same mistakes off the medal stand. Nastia was robbed, robbed I tell you the other night on the uneven bars. She deserved that Gold! And then don't even get me started on poor Alicia not getting the Bronze for the Vault competition, despite that she did not fall on BOTH of her landings. I understand the China girls have a home team advantage, but come on!

I can't believe that I am saying this but I am soooo over The Hills. I have loved this reality show from the beginning. I was a devoted fan to Laguna Beach and then Lauren moved to LA and it was so interesting to see a girl my age(somewhat) making it in a new city. But now I cannot stand how staged and contrived this show is. And can I just say that I miss the old Heidi. I miss the girl that was fun, and naive and had not had thousand of dollars in plastic surgery. Remember when she looked like this:

She was so cute and so natural!









So....I never thought this would be an issue when I got married but.....I am so sick of being called the wrong name. I am blessed to have two first names as my name. Lacey is a common first name, and Mallory while not so common is a first name too. People call me Lacey all the frickin time. And sometimes it does not bother me. But at work when people send me emails demanding something as a rush and cannot even bother to call me by the right name I get really really irritated!

And one more thing I can already tell I will be over is moving. Just thinking about preparing for the move gives me a knot in my stomach!

5 comments:

Hopsy said...

I am SO upset about the gymnastics results as well, it is just not fair. I mean hald the China team in underage too! Also, I am glad to know so many people are over The Hills. Those girls need to be brought back down to reality! They way they act is out of line and I see why they have NO friends besides one another!

Elizabeth said...

This is so funny! I'm with you on all of these! But my name issue is spelling it wrong - I thought Grey would be easy compared with Bice, but apparently NOT! :)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Andrew and Susan said...

thought you would enjoy this blog
http://renz-o.blogspot.com/

Enjoy that burnt smell while it lasts!

Betsy | Heavens to Betsy said...

I love this post. The Chinese gymnasts are out of control. They look emaciated, what 16 year old weighs 68 lbs?