Tuesday, August 12, 2008

I'M AN OLYMPIC JUNKIE

Hi, my name is Mallory and I am an Olympic Junkie. I cannot tear myself away from the Olympic coverage in fear that I will miss some magical moment. Friday night Kenny and I decided to stay in. I cooked dinner and we watched the Opening Ceremonies. I thought the ceremony was amazing. My favorite part was the part with all the different boxes that the guys were standing under and they moved them to look like the sea and all kinds of different things. But really everything they did was so good.

Saturday morning, I had a provisional retreat with Junior League. It was at a place called Bridges. I went into this day long retreat not knowing a single person that was going to be there, but I ended up having a lot of fun. We did some team building exercises, a high ropes course, and rock climbing. It was a very full day. I was very proud of myself because I did the high ropes course. I never do these things because I am so scared of heights. I also got to meet a lot of girls that will be in my provisional group. I am looking forward to getting to know them better. New friends....snaps! After the retreat I came home and watched the Olympics and tried to catch up on what I missed.

Saturday night, Kenny and I went for Sushi with Joe and Tracy. It was delish, and afterwards we staked out a good people watching station from a bar balcony over Beale Street. You see it is Elvis Week here in Memphis and all these people come to Memphis from all over the world for Elvis week.(including the crazies) So we got some good people watching in. It was fun!

Sunday morning, we watched the movie Stop Loss with Ryan Phillipe. It is about Iraqi soldiers who have served their duty and then have to go back to war against their will. I was unaware that this happens and I actually learned a lot from the movie.(as much as you can learn from a movie) It was just an okay movie though, plus this was the movie that Ryan cheated on Reese Witherspoon with his co-star who he is now engages to; Abbi Cornish. I have a low tolerance for cheaters. Anyway, the rest of the day we watched the Olympics and then went to look at some houses.

That night I was so happy to be able to watch live the men's relay in swimming. Did anyone else catch that? What a comeback? That is why I can't make myself stop watching the coverage. What if you miss a moment like that. Kenny and I were yelling at the television! It was a great moment for the USA! I can't wait for more gymnastics, track and field, diving and so much more.

2 comments:

Barbecued Peaches said...

Are you enjoying Junior League? I've been thinking about applying for it next year.

Hopsy said...

I LOVE the Olympics too. I am already excited for tonight, it is going to be big!