Friday, August 1, 2008

GOOD MOVIES, FOOD AND COMPANY

Kenny and I have been busy hitting up the theatres for the latest movies. Wednesday night, we went on a triple date. Mollie, Wilson, Joe and Tracy, Kenny and me went and to dinner and then went to see Dark Knight. This was the first Batman movie I have ever seen andI had heard and read how good this movie was. I could not wait to see Heath Ledger. It is no exaggeration that his performance was absolutely stellar. It actually makes me really sad because this was definitely the role that would of shot his stardom through the roof, and he is gone. His portrayal as the Joker is very scary and convincing. It doesn't even really look like him.

I also enjoyed Christian Bale as Batman. I have loved Christian Bale since I was younger. I loved him in the Newsies(one of my favorite movies of all times) and Little Women. Maggie Gyllenhaal was also good. Go see this movie!

Last night Susan and I went to Mexican where we ate two things of cheese dip and dessert. We were very pleased with ourselves. Afterwards we went to see Mama Mia.Being a lover of all musicals I could not wait to see it. It was so cute. I love Amanda Seyfried. She is in Big Love a show on HBO that I watch. But lordy has she lost so much weight. She was tiny. And can I just say that I am obsessed with her hair in this movie. It truly made me want to move to Greece and get extensions. This movie is very tongue in cheek and if you go in knowing it is going to be silly, you will love it!

1 comment:

Hopsy said...

I was so scared during the previews of Batman, but I have decided I am going to suck it up and go. Everyone keeps raving about it so I cannot wait.

PS I LOVE queso too!! Yum!