Monday, August 18, 2008

WEEKENDS CAN DO WONDERS

Well, after a nice relaxing birthday weekend, I feel like my life is back to normal after last week, which is definitely a good thing.

Friday night Kenny and I went to eat Mexican, came home got into comfy clothes and nestled down to watch some Olympics. We did not watch any of it. We were both asleep on the couch by 9:00. We are so old. We slept in the den until 2:00 am then got up and went to bed. Watched the Phelps race that we had missed due to our early bedtime and went back to sleep. Is it sad to say that it was the perfect Friday night. We were just so exhausted from the week.

Saturday morning we woke up and Kenny was so anxious to give me my present. He got me a new ipod! I was so excited.I had told him not to get me anything else. We had already bought Orpheum season tickets and that was plenty. But he knew I had been wanting an ipod big enough to have ALL of my music in one place. I cannot stop playing with it. I love it! Such a sweet husband. Saturday afternoon, we got out and did a little shopping and then went to dinner and a movie. It was the perfect low key birthday evening. Exactly what I wanted.

Sunday, we went and ate brunch at Blue Plate(love that place) and then lazed around all day. The weather was so nice and it was sooo relaxing. Susan and Andrew came over and brought some birthday cupcakes(my fave; yellow cake, chocolate frosting) and we grilled hot dogs and watched more Olympics. I told you I was a junkie.

Now it is Monday and I feel like my head is screwed back on. Hope it stays that way.

No comments: