Friday, April 3, 2009

THE COLOR PURPLE

Despite the terrible weather and the horrible dining experience we had before arriving at The Orpheum, the production of The Color Purple was amazing. The cast was phenomenal!

A couple people who were note worthy, the guy who was playing Harpo was from the original cast and was nominated for a Tony and the girl playing Nettie was Latoya London from American Idol. She was on the season that Fantasia won and was part of the "three divas," Latoya, Jennifer Hudson, and Fantasia.

Man, these people could sing, not to mention the dancing. I would definitely recommend trying to get tickets to this if you are in the Memphis area(although I think it might be sold out) or seeing this if it comes to your area. It was awesome!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi there! yes... i work at an agency downtown. i saw your "about me." do you work down here, too!?

Polka Dots & Protein Bars said...

I loved Latoya London! I'm so glad the production was fabulous!