Monday, April 27, 2009

DOUBLE DECKER

This weekend I drove to Oxford, Mississippi home of Ole Miss if you don't know for the Double Decker Festival. Art shows, music, food, shopping. It was all a lot of fun and I thought I would take advantage of my sister's apartment there before she moves here to Memphis for grad school.
My mom and her best friend Susan also drove up for the event. Friday night we went to Volta a Greek restaurant that had really really good hummus. On Saturday morning, we went up and went for a long walk at a really nice park in Oxford before we headed towards Double Decker.

It was a perfect day. It was sunny with a breeze. So the streets were slammed.

My sister and I were on a mission because I need several new cute dresses for my cousin's wedding coming up in July. So we split up from my mom. I tried on at least 30 or so dresses and did not find a single one. Boo. We also browsed the artists booths where I found this:They put them on iron posts and you can put them in their yard. I think they are so cute and I want one!

After walking around a little bit we met up with my mom and Susan at City Grocery and were lucky enough to get a nice spot on the patio. Where I thoroughly enjoyed the mojito I ordered. Mojitoes are my favorite drink in the entire world. A close second is Firefly Vodka.




After our drinks we grabbed some lunch at 208. It was so good and we were starving. We even got a complimentary dessert because our waiter was flirting with Susan my mom's friend. Ha!

Saturday night we were pooped so we pretty much went to sushi for dinner and then came hope and went to sleep. We were tired.

And as if we had not already eaten our way through the weekend; Sunday we went and got breakfast at BottleTree Bakery and then took it to the grove on campus and ate. It was so nice.

It was such a great weekend and to top it off I drove our new replacement car home from Oxford so it will be here for Kenny when he gets home. I even got it washed and detailed for him. I am such a good wife.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad you had fun! Sounds like a blast!