Monday, April 20, 2009

FAIRHOPE

This weekend Kenny and I drove the very long drive to Fairhope to visit Kenny's parents who moved there about a month ago. What a great place to retire. That little town is full of charm and so much to do. We stayed so busy the entire time and ate our weight in good seafood.

On Friday, we toured around the town. We went and had a delicious breakfast of breakfast paninis on this amazing sour dough bread at a place called Panini Pete's(I think that was the name) before we walked and shopped at all the little shops downtown.There are so many! Then we went to a little hole in the wall place for lunch where Kenny had some of the biggest fried crab claws I have ever seen.

We also went to the Fairhope Musuem and to the Fairhope Yacht Club where Kenny's parents are planning on joining. It was all so pretty!


On Friday night, we went and ate dinner at a place on the Causeway called The Oyster House. We were lucky and got a seat right next to the window. The view was so pretty. Kenny his mom got this huge steamed seafood platter that had shrimp the size of my hand. Yum!

At the last minute Kenny decided that he wanted to make the short drive over to The Wharf at Orange Beach. Because his favorite band was playing there. So after dinner we drove over to catch the concert and meet up with some friends who had come in town too.
On Saturday, we hit up the outlet malls where I got a lot of cute stuff at J.Crew and then we ate more seafood. Saturday night we went over Kenny's Aunt's house for dinner. Some of his family came over and it was great to visit with them because it had been a while since we had seen them.

Sunday, we left pretty early to make the long trip back. We managed to get back in enough time to unwind a little bit. I already miss all the fresh seafood.

2 comments:

CBK said...

What a fun trip! All of that food talk is making me hungry!

Chasity @ Haute Mommy Blog said...

Sorry for leaving so many comments! I just discovered your blog and I really like it!

My husband is from a town really close to Fairhope. I've eaten at that Oyster place!!