Wednesday, April 22, 2009

GOODBYE


Kenny and I have been EXTREMELY lucky to not have a single car payment since we have been married. Both of our cars are payed for thanks to our parents. They are not the newest and finest cars but to us not having a car payment was much better than driving around a brand new car.

Yesterday, we lost one to the road. Kenny was riding with our friend Dan in our Camry to furniture market in North Carolina when it died. Kenny had it towed to a dealership where they did not even charge us to look at it. It was that bad! The engine was blown. The car was a goner.

We had a few panicked moments of what in the world we were going to do. They offered to buy the car for scrap. For scrap, which we will probably end up doing rather than paying to have it towed home. It was not the day we were expecting.

Luckily my mom has another Camry that was my grandmother's that is in really good shape that we can use/have. Total God send! It is old but it is in great shape so it will work!

But I think it is time to bite the bullet. We are going to have to start looking. I do not even know where to begin when buying a car. Should be interesting.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I totally know how you feel... I'm driving my old Jetta until it won't go anymore. We're lucky we don't have car payments, either, and I'm not looking forward to the day we have one...

Hopsy said...

No car payments really is a huge plus! I am hanging on to my Volvo for as long as I possibly can!!