Thursday, April 30, 2009

CHOCOLATE ECLAIR CAKE


So yea! Kenny finally got home last night from a loooong work trip. I know you did not know he was gone but he was. I just don't like to broadcast those things over the world wide web you know. Anyway, he was gone for over a week and I missed him like crazy and was so ready for him to come home. He got in pretty late and was exhausted so we went straight to bed. So tonight he and I are grilling steaks and asparagus and I am making scalloped potatoes and I made a Chocolate Eclair Cake.

This dessert was sooooo easy and my friend Susan had actually made it earlier this week and brought some too me so I knew it was going to be delicious. The best thing about it is you can make it seemingly healthy by buying low fat and sugar free ingredients. I will give you both recipes so you can decide if you want to go for the lighter version or the real deal.

CHOCOLATE ECLAIR CAKE (low fat version)
1 (16 ounce) package Low-Fat graham crackers
2 (3.5 ounce) packages Sugar Free Fat Free instant vanilla pudding mix
4 cups milk ( I used my organic reduced fat)
1 (16 ounce) package Fat Free frozen whipped topping, thawed
1 (16 ounce) 50% Reduced Sugar package prepared chocolate frosting

Line the bottom of a 9x13 inch baking pan with graham crackers. In a large bowl, combine the milk and vanilla pudding according to directions on box. Fold in the whipped topping. Spread a layer of the pudding mixture over the graham crackers. Alternate the graham cracker and pudding layers up to the top of the pan. Cook the container of prepared frosting, uncovered in the microwave for 1 minute on half power. Pour over the top of the cake. Refrigerate for at least 12 hours before serving.

CHOCOLATE ECLAIR CAKE ( regular version)
1 (16 ounce) package graham crackers
2 (3.5 ounce) packages instant vanilla pudding mix
4 cups milk
1 (16 ounce) package frozen whipped topping, thawed
1 (16 ounce) package prepared chocolate frosting

Same instructions.

I literally made this dessert in 10 minutes. And it will have refrigerated for almost 24 hours so the graham crackers will be nice and soft. Can't wait! I love being able to look forward to a yummy dinner.

2 comments:

Me in Memphis said...

Oh my, that photo looks good.

Megan said...

mmmmm that looks so good! I might make that for my boyf this week! Thanks :) Glad your hubby is home!