Wednesday, April 1, 2009

BRONZED

Last July I made the choice to stop going to the tanning bed. I was committed to trying to salvage my skin and prevent further damage. I wasn't going to avoid the sun. If we went to the beach I layed out but no weekly tanning bed sessions.

As the months passed I watched my skin get pale to really pale to downright ghostly. It had been so many years since I had seen how truly fair skinned I was. I just feel better with a tan.....who doesn't.

Well this weekend we have a wedding to go too and I just felt too self conscious to get into a dress as pale as I was so I took the advice of a friend and bought some Dove Energy Glow lotion.I have to say I am pretty impressed. You just apply this lotion as you would any moisturizer and it really does not streak to much. I have had a couple issues around my heels but other than than that I feel like my skin has a lot more color to it. I think it looks pretty natural. I made my friend Susan at work promise that she would tell me if I started to look orange and this morning she told me that I had a good "tan" going. So yea!

How great is it to know that I will not be destined for a Spring/Summer of covered arms and shoulders and pants!

EDITED TO ADD: This morning I played a very cruel April Fool's joke on my little sister who desperately wants me to be pregnant. I awakened her from slumber and told her that I need to tell her something that she could not tell mom or Kenny. Of course her poor little sleepy mind jumped to me being pregnant immediately.

"Gasp......are you pregnant!!!!" I told her I think I might be.(I am not by the way)
"Oh my god." And as she started to become elated the guilt set in and I just could not do it to her. April Fools.

"I hate you. That was so mean. I was asleep so I did not have a clue as to what day it was. That was so mean."

Sorry baby bird! Maybe one day. At least I fooled her.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What? You're not going to blog about the cruel and heartless April Fool's joke you pulled on her. Shameful.

The Billy Drane Family said...

I too have sworn off the tanning bed...I will have to give this a try, b/c I can't stand my whiteness any longer, especially with skirts and tanks just around the corner.

What a great April Fools joke!!!

Tracy & Joe said...

I played the same April Fool's joke on Joe....only, he didn't even remotely buy it. He just rolled over and was like, whatever...oh well..

Jules said...

Love Dove Energy Glow. It definitely works. I actually need to get a new bottle and start using it again. I am way too pale right now.