Monday, May 14, 2012

THE WEEKEND THAT WAS

This weekend was a lot better than last weekend that is for sure.  Despite Elle and Kenny feeling a little under the weather we still managed to get out and about.  

Friday night we cooked out with friends at our friends Mollie and Wilson's house.  It was fun to see everyone and their children.  Of course I didn't take any pictures.

On Saturday we had a lazy morning and planned to go to the pool but the weather was gross so we just ran a few errands.  I needed some new powder.  I have been using the Bare Minerals foundation forever but made the switch to Smashbox's loose powder after my friend recommended it.  I would of walked out with the Naked 2 Palette but it was sold out.  Boo!
 Saturday night I made all the no carb fixings for taco salads and we watched a movie. We watched a movie called The Divide.  We are running out of things to have mailed to us from Netflix because we are such movie people.  This movie was crazy and weird and made us uncomfortable to watch at times.  I would not recommend it.

On Sunday, we wanted to start out Mother's Day in church.  The sermon was great.  About living as loving families.  After church we went to one of my favorite spots in East Memphis for brunch, The Booksellers Bistro. (formally Bronte cafe)  Originally I had said I did not even want to do brunch because my favorite breakfast food in the entire world is pancakes and if I couldn't eat those I just didn't want to go at all.  But Kenny and I ended up getting the same thing and we did CHEAT just a smidge. I got an omelet and a side of hash brown casserole because theirs is sooooo good.

While at brunch I was presented with cards and presents. Elle gave me a date night with Kenny.  We are going to the Lady Antebellum/Darius Rucker concert.  I am sooo excited.  Kenny gave me tickets to see Love in Las Vegas and a trip to the spa at the Mirage for when we go to Las Vegas in a couple of months.  I was overwhelmed with the love and the happies.  I am a lucky girl!
Getting ready to walk out the door for church. 

After we ate we let Elle play at the train table and in the children's area.  And of course we couldn't resist buying her a few books!  That book store gets me every time.
The rest of the day was spent napping, watching the Player's Cup and exercising.  We had to burn off some of those sneaky carbs we ate for brunch.  Don't worry.  We were back on the diet train immediately after that!

I do want to say Happy Mother's Day to both our mom's and also Happy Birthday to Kenny's mom!  Hope yall had a great weekend!

No comments: