Wednesday, April 24, 2013

DAYS AROUND THE HOUSE

We have been feeling a little under the weather (Elle has a ear infection) this week and the car has been at the shop so we are being homebodies.  Being at home with an active two year old can be hard because they are always going and things don't hold their attention very long. 

I decided to pull out another Pinterest idea.  This one is pretty simple. Tub, beans, scoopers, and container.  I also ended up getting some of the animals from her Noah's ark toy and throwing those in there too.  She really enjoyed playing with this and even exclaimed to me "mommy this is fun!" So I consider this a success.  Extra points for it not smelling liking baby oil like the moon sand did and she can continue to play with it over and over.  She asked to play with the "beans" several times just in that one day.


We recently discovered that Elle loooooooves Chex Mix.  Her grandparents keep it at their house all the time and she eats it all the time over there.  I bought her a few bags here to put in her Starkville but it is kind of messy and high in sodium.  So I decided to make my own Chex Mix.  I think it is just the variety of different things in her cup that she likes.


The home made Chex Mix ingredients: Wheat Chex, Butter Snap pretzels, Golden Grahams, raisins and just a a few handfuls of Teddy Grahams.  (not the entire box)
I thought I could just dump it in the container and shake it up to mix it but there wasn't enough room so it wasn't much of a mix, So I dumped it all into a bowl and mixed by hand.

Ah, here we go.  Much better.  So far she is really enjoying it.
Just had to include this picture.  Kenny came home on Monday after being gone to market for a week.  We were so excited to have him home. I think Elle was extra happy.

1 comment:

Delta Daisies said...

I'll have to try that mix!