Friday, April 12, 2013

THIS AND THAT FRIDAY

This week seemed to fly by but some of the days seemed long.  I am not totally sure that Elle has noticed but I am desperately missing our music classes and story times in Memphis.  They have those things here but they are all on Tuesday and Thursday. Which is strange to me because those are the most common PDO days.  Anyway, I have been trying to keep us somewhat busy with things to do when Elle is not at school. Elle is also in a stage of wanting someone to play with her all the time. 

Anyway, here is a little of what we had going on this week.  

 It was finally warm enough and dry enough at the same time to bust 
out some cute new spring clothes and got to the park!

About midweek I went through all the things I had pinned on pinterest to do with Elle and made a grocery list and bought some things on Amazon.  I had those pins for a while.  It was finally time to do something with them!

This was moon sand.  You make it by mixing 8 cups of flour and 1 cup of baby oil.  It is fun to play with because you can pack it and it will make shapes and things like that.  Please note the broom in the background.  It is a little messy with a two year old but easy enough to clean up.  She played with it for about a half hour and then was over it.  But then I still had it sitting on the counter and she asked to play with it again.  So I would say we got an hour or so out of it.  I consider that a success.
 Covered in flour!
 Our Amazon haul.  None of these things were very expensive.  All of the activities I purchased the items for are Pinterest inspired or I found on Amazon by searching toddler learning in toys and games.

And I jumped on the bandwagon and bought one of these.  I have seen a lot of these on blogs and Instagram.  I was really interested to see how many calories I was burning each workout.  I knew it would help a lot with watching my calories intake.  So far I love it!! It isn't uncomfortable to wear (you have to wear a heart monitor around your chest) and I like having all the info and the boost of confidence seeing how hard I am working.  Two thumbs up!!

And finally.  I found this recipe on Pinterest from the Skinny Mom for Chicken Florentine and made it this week.  It was excellent, very filling and a large portion size for the calories.  Kenny liked it too. Just thought I would pass along the link.

Have a great weekend!!

No comments: