Sunday, April 28, 2013

JAM-PACKED

We had a slam packed weekend that was just so much fun.  We travelled back to Memphis and pretty much tried to squeeze everything we wanted to do in a time span of three days.  Thursday night I arrived in to town in time for a doctors appointment and then a loooooong girls dinner that was sooo needed.  Have I mentioned I miss my friends?

Friday morning I woke up bright and early to meet my friend Lindsay and her trainer to work out.  I knew there was going to be lots of indulging this weekend so I thought getting a workout in would only help.  Later that morning Elle and I went over to Lindsay's house to have a play date with Loftin.  It is crazy how much Elle and Loftin have missed each other and we were so happy that Lizzie and Mollie could come too.  It is just a huge bonus when you can hang out with your friends and catch up while your kids wear themselves out. 

After they played for a loooooong time and got totally filthy, Elle and I met Kenny for a quick lunch and then we ran to the Cottontails because Elle needed several pairs of new shoes. Then it was time for a nap.  
Getting in some hugs and "cheese" before we went bye bye.

Friday night, Kenny and I had a date night.  We went to dinner at the Majestic and then to see Memphis the musical.  I was dying to see this one and Kenny was so nice to buy me tickets for Valentine's day.  Dinner was fabulous and the play was so good too.  The music was upbeat and catchy and the talent was some of the best talent I have seen on a touring production.
We finished up dinner with mini desserts and a fancy cocktail.  I love date nights.
Waiting for the show to start.

Saturday morning Kenny, me, my sister and my mom who was in town all weekend too just relaxed around my sister's apartment and did some work and watched movies.  Then my mom and my sister and I went to Sephora because I was needing all new makeup.  I went and had my makeup done which I was very pleased with and then bought a bunch of stuff.  So fun and needed.
Bag of goodies.

After my Sephora run it was time to get ready for dinner and drinks before the Dave Matthews concert we were so excited to go to! We met a friend at a fabulous Mexican restaurant and then it was time for Dave.  Even though Kenny and I just saw him.  He never gets old!  Plus the weather was supposed to be terrible and rain the entire thing and it never rained a drop.
Kenny and I laughing at the ENTIRE orange they put on his glass to accompany his Blue Moon.
A couple of blurry pics from the concert.  

It really was such a fun weekend and Elle was so happy to spend some time with her CeCe and Nannee and her friends.  I was so incredibly happy to get some girl time and a couple of date nights with Kenny.   Of course Sunday we were all totally beat.  It was all so worth it.

1 comment:

Delta Daisies said...

You had the exact same weekend I did! ha!