Friday, December 20, 2013

LACEY FAMILY CHRISTMAS CARD PHOTO SESSION

Since I have a couple more posts to do that involve Elle seeing Santa (yes she has seen Santa ALOT.  She loves him.) I thought I would break it up and post about our annual Christmas card photo session.  

Being new to Starkville and not having a photographer that I was familiar with, I kind of freaked out.  I started to think I completely dropped the ball.  Luckily a great photographer who was already booked for the season passed along Monica's name with Monica Allen Photography.  She was so great.  She still had some availability and so we met her out of the city limits for time outside and to hopefully get some good pictures.

I mean yall.  I have never been so stressed.  This photo session was STRESSFUL! Monica was fabulous.  But Elle.  Oh my goodness. She wanted nothing to do with this picture taking business.  If Monica told us to sit on the blanket Elle ran in the opposite direction.  If Monica asked Elle to give us a hug or let one of us pick her up, Elle ran in the opposite direction.  If we asked Elle to smile, Elle frowned. I was sweating by the end of it.  I knew Monica and her fast camera and being a great photographer would get some amazing candid and even a few posed pictures of Elle.  I was more worried that we would not get a Christmas card worthy pic because Elle wouldn't have anything to do with us.

A couple of weeks later when I got our cd with all of our proofs, I was so happy! Monica got so many great shots for us.  I was really pleased and kind of flabbergasted that she managed to get the ones she did.  It wasn't because I did not trust Monica and her photography skills it was just that Elle was all over the place.  

So, with all that being said.  Picture sessions with a two year old are tough.  I don't know how you do it it with more than one child.  But here are some of my favorite pics!








No comments: