Tuesday, September 2, 2014

26 WEEK UPDATE

So I am quickly realizing how fast these next 14 weeks are going to fly by with the start of football season. You barely recover from one game weekend and house guests only to start all over for the next weekend. It doesn't help that I could very well go into labor early (hopefully not) so I might not even get those 14 weeks!  I am trying to check some major things off the nursery. It is time to get that all in order!

For some giggles and since I just did the first football game post.  I was texting a friend what I was wearing for the game this past weekend.  It was a white out and my Mississippi State maternity wardrobe is only so vast so I was throwing some things together. Here was the finished look which I was pretty okay with.
Then my friend and I noticed that that mirror was doing me ALL SORTS of favors! I didn't even look pregnant! I even looked kind of skinny! She commented so I had to send her a more accurate depiction of what would be arriving at the tailgate.
There we go.  That is more like it! Fat face and all!

How far along 26 weeks.  My What to Expect App says Walker is the size of a eggplant. He is 9.2 inches and weights 2lbs. 

Total weight gain/loss? Scale is still going up.  It really stinks that I have to go stand on the scale once a week for my progesterone shot.  Kind of disheartening.  

Maternity Clothes? Yes.  Of course.  Just got a few more fall things in and I should be pretty set for a little bit.  Have some cute maroon things to wear to games and already have a cute maternity coat from when I was pregnant with Elle for when and if it ever gets cold.

Stretch Marks- No. No stretch marks.

Sleep? I am still so tired from this weekend with the football game and all the late nights girl talking with Susan.  Not to mention Elle has been padding down to our room pretty early the last few mornings.  But I am wearing my earplugs more at night and that is helping with other noises (cough cough) that have been keeping me from sleeping.  I love you Kenny!

Best Moment Last Week?  Watching Elle cheer on the Bulldogs all on her own accord.  She loves the games and the Bulldogs and is so much fun to bring to games now.  Also enjoyed spending the weekend with a bestie!

Movement? You can officially see all of his kicks on the outside now.  I sent a video to Kenny yesterday because you could see him moving around under my shirt.  I can also tell we are both getting bigger because the movement is no longer in my lower abdomen but around my ribs.

Food cravings? No real cravings to speak of this week. Still have my sweet tooth.

Gender? It's a boy! Kenneth Walker.

Labor Signs? No labor signs. As the weeks tick by it is great to know viability is getting better.

Belly button in/out? In but getting shallower and shallower.

What I miss? As expected, football season makes me want a little drinky drink.  

What I am looking forward to?This weekend is going to be absolutely nuts.  We are going to have a house full of our closest friends and their kids.  Then a lot of other friends are coming into town too since we have appointed this our reunion weekend of sorts.  Trying to get it all planned is a little overwhelming but all part of the fun.  Then the same friends are throwing Walker and I a little Sprinkle which is so nice of them!

Funny things Elle has said this week about Walker: Earlier today we somehow got on the subject that babies are born without teeth.  This absolutely blew Elle's mind.  She had no idea.  The questions that were coming.  So just boy babies don't have teeth?  I have teeth.  I had teeth when I was born.  Did you have teeth when you were born?  It was hilarious. Then she she says "Walker is going to chew on my toys."  I told her yes he might but that we would get Walker his own toys to chew on.  "I'm going to put my toys in a drawer up high so he can't chew on my toys.  But I am going to share my toys too!"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Where did you get your maternity pants/leggings? I'm just now starting to need maternity clothes! Thanks!