Tuesday, September 16, 2014

28 WEEK UPDATE-THIRD TRIMESTER WOOOHOO!



How far along 28 weeks.  My What to Expect App says Walker is the size of a head of cauliflower. He is 16 inches and weights 2.5lbs. Woohoo! I am so so so excited to be in my third trimester.  The home stretch! I feel like 12 weeks is still a long time but as long as he is healthy I am hoping maybe he surprises us by coming a little early like Elle did!

Total weight gain/loss? I am not sure how much weight I have gained as of this week.  We know the numbers are getting up there.  When I wash my face I can feel the difference.  But don't know the exact amount as of today.

Maternity Clothes? Yes.  We have a photo session scheduled for this weekend and I am a little nervous about what I am wearing.  I had a friend bring over some accessories to help me put together a look.  I plan to have most of the pictures be of Elle but also want a few family shots too.  Definitely not a maternity photo shoot though.

Stretch Marks- No. No stretch marks.

Sleep?Sleep is terrible.  I am tired.  Elle is trotting down to our room 1-2 times a night and that combined with my very early workouts that I started back this week I am so tired! We are implementing a new sticker chart tonight with "surprises" as incentives and I am really hoping this motivates Elle to stay in bed. 

Best Moment Last Week? We drove over to Atlanta last week (post to come) to take Elle to the aquarium, let Kenny go to a golf tournament and spend time with my family.  I was able to meet my new baby second cousin and hang out with my Aunt and Uncle which was great.  It was  fun trip! I also passed my glucose test which I was happy about.

Movement? Yes lots and lots of movement. He is constantly.  I love it.

Food cravings? No real cravings this week.  We did get this new Mennonite bakery here in Starkville and Kenny brought home this plate sized sticky bun the other day and it was absolutely amazing!

Gender? It's a boy! Kenneth Walker.

Labor Signs? I did have some contractions this past weekend while in Atlanta that gave me a little scare.  I never had any contractions with Elle and I wasn't even sure that I knew what contractions felt like because I got my epidural really quickly with Elle. But Saturday morning I was feeling really terrible and having sharp pains in my back and abdomen.  I talked with my friend Courtney (an OBGYN nurse) and my friend Susan (a nurse prac) and I started timing them and also started drinking a lot of water. I was kind of freaking out but soon they stopped.  I am pretty sure I was dehydrated and that is what caused them and now I am trying to be more mindful of my fluids!

Belly button in/out? Not in.  Not out.  Elle thinks it is hilarious!

What I miss? Being able to breath. Kenny looked at me the other day while we were driving home from Atlanta and said "Why are you breathing so hard?" And so it begins.  I lose my breath when I am eating or going up the stairs or talking.  So pitiful.  And Kenny thinks it is so funny and mildly annoying I think.

What I am looking forward to?I am hopefully going to get my birthday massage and pedicure this Friday.  I was supposed to get it a few weekends ago and the massage therapist had to cancel.  I was sad. But my back is killing me and I cannot wait to have someone make it feel better. Also looking forward to a low key weekend at home.  We plant to watch the State game against LSU and maybe get a date night in.

Funny things Elle has said this week about Walker:  While we were in Atlanta, Kenny and I were putting Elle to bed and she started telling us about the baby in her tummy.  Yes Elle has a baby in her tummy too.  She loves to let us feel it kick.  It makes Kenny a little uneasy but I know for Elle to pretend that she is pregnant like mom is completely normal.  So we are laying next to Elle and she says "Feel the baby kick!" And we put our hands on her belly. I ask her if the baby is a boy or a girl.  She says it is a little baby girl.  So I ask what her little girls name and she says, "ummmmm Alletooda." And I just started to crack up.  Little baby girl Alletooda.  She starts cracking up because she realizes how silly of a name it is too.  We were all in fits.  So now it is kind of our first inside joke.  We have talked a lot about baby Alletooda.  Sometimes she is out of Elle's tummy and gets left at home. We have had the best time with it.  

No comments: